Teacher of A Level Mathematics
Full time and permanent
Offering A Level pathways in Maths, Further Maths and Statistics as well as a GCSE resit programme and Core Maths, this is a vibrant Department which is looking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic subject specialist to join the team to predominantly teach A Level Maths.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced teaching professional who is able to engage students with a range of diverse and well planned lessons that will stimulate their curiosity for the wider world of mathematics, as well as providing a course of study that provides both excitement and enjoyment through wider challenge. We would like to hear from enthusiastic and committed teaching professionals who are passionate about their subject and who can support and challenge students to achieve their personal best and fulfil their aspirations.
With a collective focus on student achievement, the College aims to create a culture and ethos which promotes initiative, curiosity, confidence and independence in all our learners.
If this is the sort of environment you thrive in and you have the skills and motivation to guide and support students to both fulfil and possibly exceed their personal goals, then we would like to hear from you for the post of Teacher of Maths.
From August 2020 we are looking for someone:
• With vision, energy and exciting ideas to build on current good practice and effective systems already established
• That has the ability to engage students and inspire an enthusiasm for mathematics through excellent subject knowledge
• Who is a strong classroom practitioner able to inspire high performing students as well as nurture those less confident in their ability
• Who has the understanding and experience of implementing successful intervention programmes and developing productive relationships with parents
• Who shares good practice and makes a real contribution to the development of the department and the progress of our students
We can offer you:
• A modern friendly working environment with excellent facilities
• Membership of an Occupational Pension Scheme
• Salary ranging from £24,098 - £39,329 (SFCA Teaching Pay Scale)
• Structured CPD with opportunities for regular inset workshops and cross college sharing of resources and techniques
• Optional well-being days and activities
Applications for this position are welcomed from experienced practitioners and teachers in the early stages of their career. The college has an established programme of professional development support led by senior managers and actively encourages individuals with the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in their chosen profession.
If you require any further information regarding this post, please contact: The Personnel Department, The Sixth Form Bolton, Deane Road, Bolton BL3 5BU.
The closing date for applications: Monday 13th April 2020 @ 23:59
Interviews to be held: Week commencing 20th April 2020
All appointments at the College are subject to the receipt of satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service