The Directors of the Gardener Schools Group have established Kew House School in the conviction that there exists an opportunity for a different kind of independent secondary school in London - academically demanding but with a modern approach to selection criteria, the flexibility of the curriculum and recognition of creativity and talent.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic graduate teacher to teach Psychology. You will be an outstanding teacher of Psychology, with the ability and enthusiasm to teach at A level.
- Good degree in an appropriate subject and a recognised teaching qualification
- The ability to deliver Psychology at A level
- Experience in the development of outstanding resources, lesson sequences and schemes of work for new courses as the curriculum continues to evolve
- Commitment to, and experience of, using a range of teaching styles and methods including ICT. Classrooms are equipped with IWB/digital projectors
- Willingness to offer extra support through subject clinics and revision classes when necessary to guarantee the progress of students
- Willingness to participate in the wider co-curricular life of the school showing commitment to the ethos of the school and flexibility in achieving its aims
- A sense of humour
The school is committed to staff development and this position will provide a good springboard for further promotion within the school and beyond. All staff will be encouraged to attend INSET courses and will be provided with ample professional development opportunities.
To apply, please submit a completed application form together with supporting letter of application and details of two referees. One referee should be able to comment on your teaching skills, and one from your current or most recent employer. References will be taken prior to interview. You must provide original documents as proof of identity at interview.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Mr Mark Hudson, Headmaster, Kew House School, 6 Capital Interchange Way, London, TW8 0EX.
Closing date: Midday on 24 May 2019. Suitable applicants will be contacted by telephone and invited to attend an interview by arrangement.
The school welcomes applications from teachers in the state sector; a significant number of staff have joined us from this sector.
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy and applicants should let us know of any special needs they may have. Kew House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and questions will be asked at interview to assess suitability of candidate to work with our children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory criminal record (DBS) check.