Our vision is to be a beacon of educational excellence transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Teacher of AAT (Accounting)
Reference Number: SCCG201
Salary: £4,253 - £7,044 per annum. Incremental progression throughout the band is available. (with a pro rata of £23,630 - £39,135)
Advert Closing Date: Midnight Monday 16th September 2019
Interview Date: W/C 16th September 2019
Location: University Centre at FutureSkills at MediaCityUK
Contract Type: Fixed Term until 3rd July 2020
Hours per Week: 6 hours (0.18 FTE)
The successful applicant will need to have experience in teaching AAT from Level 2 to Level 4.
You will also need to have either an AAT, CIMA, ACCA or ICAEW qualification.
Successful candidates must have an absolute commitment to standards and delivering an outstanding experience and outcome for learners. You will be committed to excellence in the teaching and learning experience with a demonstrable track record.
Key Responsibilities within the Role
• To teach related courses in accordance with the college timetable.
• To support students in their learning.
• To assess students' progress and maintain accurate records of students' achievements.
• To provide accurate reports and information to others as required by college quality assurance procedures.
• Ensure that an appropriate syllabus is selected for any subject for which they have responsibility and delivered to the required standard.
• Provide schemes of work by which the curriculum will be delivered.
• Provide books, materials and facilities within budget allocated.
• Ensure you are kept fully informed about developments in the subject and about general educational issues which may affect the subject.
• Prepare internal assessments, ensure that marking is consistent with that throughout the department and provide related statistics and comments on performance for the Head of Department.
• Be aware of developments in your subject in High Schools and keep High Schools informed of courses here, taking part in liaison and recruitment activities both in College and High Schools.
• Co-operate and liaise with other departments as and when required
• Carry out other routine and ad hoc administrative tasks as directed by the Head of Department/Head of College.
Reasons to Join Us
• A range of developmental & career opportunities
• A number of optional Salary Sacrifice Schemes including IT Equipment, Childcare Vouchers & Bikes
• Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and fabulous savings from high-street retailers, holidays and cinemas
• Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling via CareFirst and health cash plans
• Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.