The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school. We now seek to add to our team.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational teacher to teach Arabic 2nd language across Key Stages 3, 4 to (I)GCSE in the first instance and possibly 1st Language and A-level in due course. This post will also be involved in delivering aspects of the Ministry Arabic and Culture requirements for the whole of the Senior school.
The successful candidate will:
- be a qualified teacher and can demonstrate the use of modern teaching pedagogy;
- put students at the heart of the education process;
- fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
- commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment program including leading extra-curricular and inter-house activities;
- be able to use ICT as an effective teaching tool;
- believe in the values of internationalism and inter-culturalism in an educational context;
- demonstrate thorough curriculum knowledge and be able to develop opportunities for our students both within and out of the classroom. We are looking to appoint someone who has excellent communication skills and who can identify clear teaching and learning objectives appropriate to the educational needs of the students in the class;
- be able to deliver Cultural Studies to years 7-13;
- be familiar with the British Curriculum;
- have experience of Edexcel and British National Curriculum for ages 11-14 (advantageous).
To apply, please follow the link: https://inteachers.net/job/552
and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines
Closing date for all applications: Thursday 7th December 2017 at 10:00 (KSA)
BISR believes very strongly in the role of the school in safeguarding children and young people. All staff, whatever their role in the school, will require to undergo rigorous background checks before commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa