Saint Joan of Arc Catholic SchoolHertfordshire
Salary: MPS/UPS - salary will be discussed at interview, and will depend on qualifications and experience.
Contract type: Part Time
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: 04/01/2021
Suitable for NQTs: Yes
St Joan of Arc Catholic School is currently seeking a Teacher of Art to join our high performing and successful academy.
The role is 0.6 FTE, but there is the possibility of full time for the right candidate who can offer a second subject.
There may also be the opportunity for the Art hours to be increased from September 2021.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and passionate about teaching engaging lessons that help inspire and support our high achieving students
Applications from NQTs are welcomed.
The successful candidate will:
• an experienced teacher who is committed to working in pursuit of success for students and of raising standards
• be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality lessons to students
• be sympathetic to the aims, ethos and values of the school
Why work at St Joan of Arc Catholic School?
• an Ofsted rated ‘good’ school with behaviour and attitude to learning identified as ‘outstanding’
• a strong ethos with clear vision and values with an emphasis on care and respect
• students with a wide range of abilities and from a diverse range of backgrounds
• an encouraging and friendly staff who also run regular social events
• a school community that is committed to serving each other and to developing students into caring, active and well-rounded citizens
• supportive line managers who want to see you thrive and succeed
• a rolling CPD programme with many opportunities to support your professional development
• talent is nurtured with excellent opportunities for career progression in both pastoral and academic roles
• 11-18 provision with the opportunity to work in a caring tutor team
• great support for NQT’s including a dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and excellent training
• an ongoing programme to improve the school’s buildings and facilities
• very attractive school grounds
• an easily accessible location with exceptional transport links, close to the Metropolitan and Chiltern Line railway station and with ample car parking on site
• a 5 minute walk from the town centre with its shops and services
If you want to know what pupils and staff love about St Joan of Arc School please do visit our career site where you can watch our video.
If you are interested in this position, please do apply today. We really look forward to receiving your application.
St Joan of Arc Catholic School and All Saints Catholic Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service and medical clearances.
More about Saint Joan of Arc Catholic School
Type: Mainstream School
Funding status: State - Academy
Age Range: 11 - 18 years
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Address: High Street, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 1HG, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 1923 773 881
As a 'community of learners' the school values academic excellence and learning and has high expectations of those who join the school. The school is committed to the pursuit of excellence in teaching and learning throughout the curriculum and this c...