We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic Teacher of Art & Design to join our popular and oversubscribed STEM specialist Academy. This post offers an excellent opportunity for you to join an exciting and innovative department and would suit candidates who have a dynamic approach to teaching exciting and creative lessons. It is an exciting time for the Art team to explore and really grow and add to the already extensive talent we have within our school community of artists. We will consider full time and part time applications. Experience in teaching photography would be an advantage but not essential.
Art & Design forms part of the Performance Faculty (Art & Design including Textiles and Photography, Drama, Food and Nutrition and Music). We have previously held partnerships with the British Council working alongside other artists to create work for the Rivers of the World project as well as other art groups and professionals within Camden. We are very proud of the work achieved within the Art Department and have successfully achieved outstanding results both at GCSE and A Level since opening. We have put on several shows as a faculty and this academic year we are preparing for the musical School of Rock, which the Art Department always supports through set designs and costumes. In partnership with the Sir Hubert Von Herkomer Arts Foundation we have been very privileged to grow our Photography courses. As well as this we offer all students the opportunity to work with ceramics, animation, printmaking and traditional fine art drawing and painting. We are looking for someone who can drive this work forward. We are excited about welcoming passionate, ambitious and motivated candidates to join our team on our journey to ‘outstanding’.
Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden. We pride ourselves on high academic aspirations and a caring and inclusive environment. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology. Our students are able to take advantage of our sponsor University College London’s world class facilities and expertise from their very first school day, and are exposed to university life throughout their Academy career. Staff from both institutions work collaboratively, with those from the university working aspirationally with the academy’s students.
You can also visit www.uclacademy.co.uk for more information on the Academy or visit our school career site.
• State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration; theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics;
• Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
• Flexibility in start and finish times, longer holidays and more Academy planning days than normal INSET arrangements;
• A whole school wellbeing strategy and designated Academy Wellbeing Lead;
• An exclusive partnership with UCL where teaching staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources and to work within our connected curriculum;
• Suitable IT equipment for all teaching staff;
• A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide.
How To Apply:
To apply please complete an application form by selecting the apply button on this advert, or you can contact Lisa Connolly on 0207 449 3086 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy, Hays is our recruitment partner and may contact you further regarding your application.
Closing Date: Tuesday 21 May 2019 at 12pm
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
The Academy has the right to interview and appoint before the closing date. Previous applicants need not apply.