Teacher of Art and Photography
Our opportunity for you
We have a vacancy for a Teacher of Art and Photography at Landau Forte Academy QEMS / Tamworth Sixth Form.
Do you want to work with resilient, eager students aged 11 to 19? Are you able to help young people develop academic and personal skills swiftly? Would you value the opportunity to work in a modern, vibrant town with a historic heart? If the answer is ‘Yes’, a position of employment for the Landau Forte Charitable Trust, based in Tamworth, is for you.
- Hours: 40.75
- Contract: Full time, permanent position
- Start date: August 2018
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Closing Date: Monday 23 April, at midday. Interviews to take place week commencing 23 April 2018
Landau Forte Academy QEMS and Tamworth Sixth Form
Landau Forte Academy QEMS joined the Landau Forte Charitable Trust in September 2011 and delivers education to 11-16 year olds. Landau Forte Academy Sixth Form is a purpose-built establishment providing Level 3 courses, both Advanced Level and BTEC, for the whole of Tamworth and beyond. The academies are located on a shared campus, but both operate from their own facilities, with Landau Forte Academy Sixth Form having new bespoke, accommodation, which opened in September 2011, including a new Sports Hall that opened in 2013.
About The Trust
The Landau Forte Charitable Trust incorporates six academies: two primary academies; three secondary academies and a Sixth Form Academy – four of the aforementioned are situated in Tamworth, with the rest located in the City of Derby. The Trust unashamedly places students first and encourages limitless ambition, with all learners enjoying their education, whilst being stretched and challenged. Students receive a Landau Forte style of education of the highest quality, where:
- Student learning, attainment, achievement and well-being are at the centre of strategic thinking, planning and actions.
- A ‘can do’ attitude is actively promoted in each Academy.
- There is a culture of success that permeates each place. Achievement is rewarded and celebrated.
- The independent status of each Academy is fully embraced to encourage self-confidence, a pro-active approach to learning and personal skill development, with every member taking responsibility for their own actions, whilst enabling rapid and appropriate responses to an ever-changing context.
The Tamworth Academies
The three Post-11 academies in Tamworth (Landau Forte Amington, Landau Forte QEMS, and Tamworth Sixth Form) work efficiently together, swiftly and securely raising standards of education across the Town. They are overseen by a single Executive Principal who has developed an effective synergy between the places, including regular network meetings between colleagues across the academies, who discuss, analyse reflect on and share outstanding practice, and strategically plan as a group to ensure that educational provision is cutting edge.
What we can offer you
- A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment
- The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students
- Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust
- A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours
- Membership of the Teacher Pension Scheme (TPS)
- Healthcare Cash Plan, from Westfield Health
The local area
Tamworth is a historic town surrounded by beautiful countryside, located a short distance from Birmingham. The Academy is located close to the centre of Tamworth, with superb transport links.
Tamworth boasts a range of historical sites and leisure attractions, including: Tamworth Castle; the Tamworth SnowDome and Drayton Manor Amusement Park. Within a 20 minute drive from the town, you can find yourself in the beautiful, open Staffordshire countryside or Birmingham‘s bustling city centre.
- Tamworth is 10 minutes away from the M42; junction 10
- Direct trains from Birmingham (10 minutes) and London (1 hour 15 minutes)
- Birmingham and East Midlands Airports are 30 minutes away
For your information
If this sounds like the ideal job opportunity for you, please download and read our Information for Applicants document before applying:
All appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and a criminal background check. Landau Forte Charitable Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.