Join us on our journey to brilliance and be part of the Broadoak family!
Required for September 2018, this is a fantastic opportunity for a Art & Photography teacher with drive and imagination to join an already successful team of practitioners. We warmly welcome applications from NQTs, more experienced teachers, or those interested in flexible working.
Broadoak Mathematics and Computing College is a vibrant comprehensive, co-educational school for 11-16 year olds determined to do our very best for the families in our community. It is an exciting time to join Broadoak as our journey towards being brilliant is well underway.
With decisive leadership, a great team, comprehensive plans to maximise all students’ abilities and a moral commitment to work tirelessly for all the young people in our care, students remain front and centre in all that we do.
The college is very popular with excellent community links and excellent extra-curricular provision.
The Creative Faculty:
At Broadoak the creative faculty prepares students for life in a society where technology and the arts play an ever increasing role. The future depends on people who can make a positive contribution to improving the quality of life. It requires people who are creative, can think, make decisions, make thing, make judgments and care for the world in which they live.
The Creative Faculty does this through:
- Encouraging students to become autonomous learners
- Problem solving
- Working together
- Using solutions
- Thinking imaginatively
- Manufacturing quality products
Art and Photography are both popular option subjects at GCSE. The Art Department currently offers the AQA Art and Design (fine art) and Art and Design (Photography). The Art department has worked on a number of community projects with the local college, other schools and councils.
The excellent work of the students is celebrated with displays throughout the school and an annual Creative faculty showcase.
What we're looking for:
Do you care passionately about raising aspirations for all young people? Are you committed to delivering the highest standards of teaching and learning? Do you strive for excellence, want to develop your own practice and try new things? If so, this is the place for you!
Appointment is subject to suitable references and enhanced DBS check.
Why work with us?
- The opportunity to be innovative and bold in your leadership and/or teaching
- A hugely supportive team who are relentlessly optimistic
- Excellent professional growth and development opportunities
- A popular learning community with a focus on school improvement
- A school that places primacy on what happens in the classroom
- A school that is open to more creative and flexible ways of working
- Access to on-site gym & fitness suite
- 30 minutes from Bristol (huge amount of staff commute from this fantastic city)
- 5 minute walk from the beach
- On site school canteen and facilities (breakfast and lunch)
- Short drive to train station
Additional information is available on the school website at www.broadoakcollege.org.uk
Closing date: Tuesday 22nd May 2018 (12.00pm midday)
To apply, please download the attached application form. Once completed, please email to Fiona Docherty, Operations Manager, at email@example.com
Broadoak Mathematics and Computing College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.