Full time/ Part time
Competitive salary (above Inner London)
Required from September 2021
Do you want to be part of a team that transform the lives of young people?
As a new all-through school, Goresbrook School is attempting to do the seemingly impossible; ensure all young people, regardless of background, have the real option to succeed at a top university. Goresbrook School is an exciting new school that opened in 2016. Tenacious in approach, our team are committed to transforming the lives of students and do so through unwavering belief, positivity, creativity, hard work and collaboration. Many of us are TeachFirst Ambassadors but regardless of our how we came into the profession we are all determined to leave a lasting legacy.
Teaching is an art form. It requires an unrelenting dedication to refining your craft. This is at the core of everything we do at Goresbrook. For this reason, it is a very special place to work. All of us are passionate about growing (getting better at what we do through careful reflection and deep thought). All of us are committed to working as a team (we know that far more can be achieved through working together). We each have an unrelenting belief that the stubborn link between poverty and academic achievement can be overcome through the creation of an exceptional school.
Access to the arts is a birth right. The sole purpose of the Goresbrook Creative Arts Faculty is to ensure that every student receives an authentic and engaging artistic experience regardless of their circumstances. The vision for the faculty is broken down into three key points:
• Every student has the opportunity to explore a wide range of materials, and create works inspired by exciting artists. They have the opportunity to develop creative thinking and recording skills and gain an in-depth and authentic exposure to the world of Art and Design.
• Throughout Key Stage 3, every student has the opportunity to master a musical instrument and play that instrument in an authentic performance environment.
• Every student memorises and performs Shakespearean texts, poetry, mime and devised theatre to the LAMDA accredited standards.
We are the only secondary school to be awarded a grant for the Andrew LLoyd Webber Foundation to continue our “trailblazing” curriculum and we a tremendously excited for what our students will be able to achieve in the future. Follow us on Twitter @goresbrookmusic for more news and updates.
We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher to join a small but growing department, where they will be able to play an important role in promoting positive and enriching experiences in the world of Art.
What we offer as a school:
- Clear purpose. We are all here to make a real difference to students lives
- Lots of opportunities to observe others and receive feedback. We have an open door policy and place Teaching and Learning at the centre of what we do. We never grade lessons and all feedback is developmental
- An environment in which student behaviour is exemplary. Teachers can teach and students can learn
- Curriculums that are designed in order for pupils to achieve mastery of both content and skills. We have a strong focus on core knowledge and use cutting-edge insights from cognitive science and educational research to ensure that content is retained over time
- Year groups of 120 students. We are a small school and pride ourselves on knowing our students
- Very minimum of two hours curriculum time for each subject area allowing teachers to know students next steps
- Weekly in-school CPD, including a tailored NQT programme
- External CPD programmes, including NPQML and NPQSL
- Opportunities for promotion and development
We currently have 600 students from year 7 to year 11 and we will continue to grow until we are at full capacity, 720 students including our brand new Sixth Form. Whether you are an outstanding experienced teacher looking for a new challenge, or trainee teacher seeking your first role, you will play a key part in the School’s development. You could play a part in leading and shaping the vision and future of our school for many years to come.
If you align with our vision, values, and are committed to ensuring that ‘disadvantaged’ does not dictate educational outcomes, then you will greatly enjoy working at Goresbrook.
You are very welcome to visit us, even if you don’t end up applying for the post. We are 20 minutes on the tube from Mile End, and just 15 minutes’ drive from East London.
If you have any further questions about the school or the position please do not hesitate to contact Sirrela Dinesh, HR officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 26th February 2021
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Barking and Dagenham
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Do you want to be part of a team that is creating a transformational all-through school? Do you believe that every young person has the potential to gain an A* at A-level, and go on to rigorous academic study in a highly competitive University? If so...