Why teach art at Riverside School ?
The art and design department is rapidly expanding and offers a full and broad range of professional developmental opportunities for the successful candidate. Applications from NQT’s are welcome.
We are looking to appoint an innovative and enthusiastic teacher of art and design with exceptional subject knowledge to join our highly successful and collaborative department.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to teach at all key stages, including A-Level.
- Show evidence of being, or having the clear potential to be, an outstanding teacher of art and design.
- Contribute and show commitment to our innovative and forward thinking department.
- Contribute to intervention programmes and other after-school activities.
- Play a full and active role in the life of the school.
- Be a reflective practitioner who focusses on continuous learning.
- Want to make a real difference to the lives of all young people.
- Be committed to the happiness, well-being and progress of everyone at the school.
In return, we can offer you:
- A cohesive team of people who believe in working collaboratively; sharing ideas and supporting each other.
- The opportunity to further develop innovative teaching and learning strategies to ensure students achieve excellence.
- Participation in lesson studies which provide an opportunity for collaborative planning and the detailed and evaluative analysis of specific pedagogical foci.
- Unrivalled CPDL opportunities to further develop your skills as a classroom practitioner and to develop leadership skills as you progress.
- A purpose built and well-resourced art and design department.
If you share in our commitment to achieve excellence for all, we want to hear from you.
To find out more about our school please visit http://secondary.riversidecampus.com/.
Location: Riverside School, Renwick Road, Barking, IG11 0FU
Closing Date: 12 noon – Monday 21st May 2018.
Start Date: July 2018 (NQTs) or September 2018.
Salary: MPS or UPS (inner London) £28,660 - £39,006 or £43,616 - £47, 298 dependent on experience.
Riverside School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.