MPR / UPR
Required for Easter or September 2020
A TLR, for a leadership role within the Art, Design and Technology faculty, may be available for a suitably qualified and experienced candidate.
· Have a passion for teaching and wish to deliver world-class learning for everyone?
· Want to join a forward thinking, highly supportive and progressive Design Technology department?
· Wish to be part of a Learning Trust that recognises talent and invests in potential through excellent professional development and progression opportunities irrespective of career stage?
If so, Wath Academy is the place to continue the next stage of your career. The Maltby Learning Trust, consisting of primary and secondary Academies, is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn, striving to secure excellence in all aspects of its work.
We are seeking to appoint a highly qualified, ambitious and talented teacher to contribute to the Design Technology Department’s improvement journey. A passion for Design Technology and a strong commitment to developing young people to achieve their potential is essential.
We would also welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers who meet the ‘Essential’ criteria set out in the Person Specification and experienced teachers looking to continue their career in a supportive faculty.
Our successful candidate will be:
· An enthusiastic, well qualified teacher able to teach across the age and ability range.
· A reflective practitioner with a strong commitment to effective Teaching and Learning.
· Fully aligned to our vision and key drivers.
· Committed to ensuring progress in Design Technology for students of all abilities.
· Someone who is willing to make a full contribution to the Art, Design and Technology Faculty and the wider life of the school. In return we will offer:
· Modern, purpose-built learning spaces, which inspire outstanding teaching and learning.
· Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development.
· An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
How do I apply?
For further information please contact Julia Sharkey, Assistant Vice Principal and SLT Link to the Art, Design and Technology Faculty on www.wathacademy.com
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website or by calling the number below. Completed applications, including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role, should be addressed to Jon Taylor, Principal, and sent to email@example.com or to the address below .
Please note that applications must be submitted on the Application Form on the Academy website.
Sandygate | Wath-upon-Dearne | Rotherham | S63 7NW
Closing Date: Monday 24 February 2020 at 9:00 am