Dubai English Speaking College (DESC) was recently awarded “Best School in the UAE”. We are a thriving, not-for-profit provider of British Secondary and Sixth Form education. To view our outstanding facilities and to see why we were voted the “Best School in the UAE”, please visit our website www.desc.sch.ae and YouTube channel.
The successful applicant will:
• Have the relevant qualifications (PGCE or equivalent)
• Ideally, have a minimum of one years teaching experience of the UK
curriculum and have QTS
• Be talented and highly motivated, with a proven track record of
teaching either GCSE or A Level preferred
• Be willing to contribute in a positive manner to all aspects of the
College’s vision, including extra-curricular activities
Our Compensation and Benefits Package includes:
• Highly competitive tax-free salary
• Accommodation allowance or fully furnished accommodation
• Excellent Medical Insurance coverage
• Annual flight allowance
• Tuition fees for up to two children
• End of service gratuity in line with UAE Labour Law
For further information please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification below or visit our Careers Page,
To apply: Please complete our application form and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the role you are applying for in the subject field.
Closing Date for applications is Thursday 10th December 2020
PLEASE NOTE: CVs will not be accepted, and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Safer Recruitment Statement
DESC is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers who work with the school to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo a rigorous screening process that includes: verification of qualifications, birth certificate and passport; obtaining three satisfactory references (including current / most recent employer and two previous employers); providing a Police Certificate(s) for the last five years from all countries that the applicant has resided in; Prohibition Checks (for applicants with a UK background). Any employment gaps on the application form will be addressed during interview and may be explored further.
Dubai English Speaking College (DESC)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of age 11 - 18 years
Dubai English Speaking College (DESC) is a UK curriculum, inclusive, not for profit secondary school based in a spacious, modern campus in Academic City, Dubai. DESC is the sister school of Dubai English Speaking School (DE...