Al Khor International School is one of the largest international schools in the Middle East with more than 4,000 students. We are owned by Qatargas, the world’s largest producer of liquefied natural gas. The school has exceptional facilities and is located in Al Khor Community, 40 minutes north of Qatar’s capital city Doha.
We are seeking a creative and inspirational Teacher of Art, Film and Photography to join our school. The successful candidate will have a strong painting and drawing background in addition to a good knowledge of digital photography and editing. S/he will also have strong communication and people skills, and have teaching experience in a reputable UK or international school.
Our large and dynamic art department offers art and film and photography at KS3, IGCSE and A level. We are fully equipped with two Mac suites, kiln and three printing presses. Our expertise covers textiles, ceramics, printmaking, 3D design and painting. Our strengths are our open door policy, willingness to share good practice, focus on developing students’ individual strengths and an atmosphere of creative exploration for both staff and students.
This is a great opportunity to join an international school that is building on its already successful results and reputation, and is committed to becoming an outstanding school and centre of excellence in the region.
Compensation and Benefits:
Our excellent compensation package includes:
- A highly competitive tax free salary based on years of experience.
- Access to excellent leisure clubs, including restaurants, swimming pools, gymnasiums, squash and tennis courts, running track and playing fields.
- End of service benefits.
- High quality Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Housing allowance or free accommodation.
- Furniture allowance
- Economy airfare at the beginning and end of the contract.
- Annual economy round-trip air fare paid as a flexible cash allowance to point of origin based on peak summer time fares.
- Reimbursement of local medical expenses.
- Contribution towards excess baggage expenses.
- Beautiful weather and year round sunshine!
Al Khor International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments are made subject to appropriate vetting procedures, including references and police checks.
Recruitment Requirements: As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit fully notarized and attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts as well as criminal background checks.
Please note that due to government requirements we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years old.
How to Apply
To apply please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed AKIS application form
- Details of at least three referees, including their names, positions, current email addresses and phone number. One of your referees must be from your present school or employer. Referees should be your Principal / Headteacher or direct line manager.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 10 December 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.