Teacher of Art MPR/UPR
Temporary for one year to cover maternity leave
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly competent and enthusiastic teacher to join this successful and well-resourced department, part of our Creative Arts Faculty, for the academic year 2021-22. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to teach Art across the age and ability range, with Fine Art, Photography and Graphics being offered at GCSE level. Applications are welcome from those offering full or part-time, experienced or newly qualified teachers. Soar Valley is a great place to continue or begin your career.
Soar Valley College is a heavily over-subscribed 11-16 school committed to high standards, raising achievement and developing excellence in our staff and students. We provide a vibrant and engaging curriculum that promotes the love of learning, and prepares young people for the next steps in their lives. Ofsted rated Soar Valley an outstanding school where ‘teaching is exemplary’ and ‘students are proud to belong to the college’, (November 2014) and this still remains the case.
Our progress measures are strong every year. The thing we are most proud of however, is our unique and caring ethos, which inspires success for all, making this a great school at which to begin or continue your teaching career. You will benefit from:
• A strong personalised professional development programme
• Being part of a superb team of specialists, who work extremely effectively together and also show individualism in their approaches
• A culturally diverse and highly motivated student body
• Being in a school where relationships are a real strength, ‘students’ behaviour and attitudes to learning are exemplary’ (Ofsted 2014) and outcomes very strong.
• Excellent facilities to support learning
Please see our website for further details. Interested candidates are welcome to visit the school before making an application should they wish. Please contact Smita Stone, SLT PA, with any queries, on email@example.com or 0116 2688441.
Closing date: 3pm Friday April 9th 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Soar Valley College
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years