Do you have a passion for Art and want to enthuse students?
Do you want to join an outstanding, passionate and supportive team?
Do you want to grow with a growing school?
The Woolwich Polytechnic vision is ‘success for everyone’ and we are looking for staff that can bring this vision to reality. Woolwich Poly, part of the PolyMAT multi academy trust, is an all-inclusive boys’ school with a co-educational at Post 16, and is rated Good by Ofsted. The school prides itself on a culture of high standards from staff and pupils. It is a demanding yet rewarding school will be replicated in the girls’ school.
The Trust prides itself on a culture of high standards and values from staff and pupils. This will be a demanding yet rewarding school where students and staff will feel valued and supported.
We are looking to appoint a committed and passionate teacher of Art to cover maternity leave. The candidate will have experience of teaching Art at all levels and will support the department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals. This post represents a superb career opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic professional who has outstanding subject knowledge to work as part of a successful and popular subject team. The whole school departmental training and support provided make this post suitable for either an NQT or an experienced teacher.
We are looking for a teacher who has:
• Be suitably qualified and have experience required to perform the role to a high standard
• Have experience of teaching Art up to A-Level
• Have a good awareness of what constitutes an ‘Outstanding’ lesson
• Be a creative practitioner and one who is prepared to put forward ideas to help the department develop.
• Be able to work within a dynamic and challenging environment;
• Have excellent communication and team work skills;
• Be able to demonstrate success within delivering the curriculum (including lesson preparation, assessing and reporting on students’ work) using methodology and learning styles to maintain an effective learning environment within the ethos, rules and disciplinary systems of the Academy
• The willingness to work as part of a motivated and dedicated team.
• The drive and enthusiasm to engage and inspire pupils.
• The dedication to improve the life chances of young people throughout the school.
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including the need for the successful candidate to undertake a disclosure and barring check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The closing date for applications is 5 December 2019. Interviews are scheduled for week commencing 9 December 2019.
If you feel that this is a school for you, then please apply by completing the application form.
We look forward to hearing from you.