Malvern College Hong Kong is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Teacher of Art (PYP). Teaching commitment in the Art department is unlikely to be full-time and therefore the ability to offer another subject (such as SEN, EAL, Counselling or another specialist subject) will be expected.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the College’s vision and values. They will be a supportive member of the staff team to help ensure the success of Malvern College Hong Kong as a leading international school in Hong Kong.
- Take responsibility for primary Art classes, supporting, nurturing and taking a genuine interest in the holistic development of all children in that class;
- Work closely with the PYP Coordinator, Head of Year and PYP colleagues to ensure the effective delivery of the PYP programme and to design and implement a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum;
- Plan and deliver lessons, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation;
- Contribute to collaborative learning at all levels of school life;
- Create inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust and respect;
- Select relevant resources and digital tools to support and enhance learning;
- Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupil learning;
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner;
- Write formal reports on a termly basis;
- Provide appropriate pastoral support as and when necessary;
- Contribute to the school’s House system;
- Attend Parents’ Meetings, Open Mornings and CPD as appropriate;
- Play an active role in the school’s co-curricular programme; and
- Assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the Headmaster.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Fine Art or relevant subject area;
- A recognised teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE);
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in primary years education;
- Previous experience of teaching the IB PYP is preferred, although outstanding candidates without prior IB experience will be considered;
- An appreciation of the IB Philosophy is required; prior IB training is required before taking up post at minimum Category 1 level;
- Ability to communicate with pupils, colleagues and parents, and to build strong relationships with all members of the school community;
- Ability to work collaboratively;
- Familiarity with various teaching resources including, where appropriate, digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning;
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in Hong Kong and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross-cultural approach to work;
- A willingness and commitment to contribute fully to the life of the pupils and school beyond the academic day, including active participation in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes;
All applications should be submitted online via TES. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: 10 August 2020 – 31 July 2022
Closing date: 23 November 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for students and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks. Please note that we will need to take up the references provided in your application form prior to interview.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries about this role. Please note that a CV will not be accepted in place of the online application form.
For further information about Malvern College Hong Kong, please visit our website at http://www.malverncollege.org.hk/. To find out more about the Malvern College International family, please visit www.malverncollegeinternational.org.