Malvern College Chengdu is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Teacher of Art.
The successful candidate will provide high quality teaching and learning; will assist the Head of Department with raising the profile of the subject throughout the school and will contribute to the development and delivery of the College’s vision and values.
- To teach Art throughout Malvern College Chengdu (Years 7 – 13).
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated Art curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To teach the subject throughout Malvern College Chengdu IGCSE, AS and A level.
- To be involved with other aspects of school life associated with the subject, such as organising appropriate educational trips and visits.
- To assist the HOD with developing Schemes of Work.
- To play a part in the broader life and running of this international boarding school.
- To encourage and support the use of ICT in lessons.
- To monitor your classes’ work and assessment grades and keep pupil achievement records.
- To take intervention actions when assessment and report grades identify a cause of concern regarding a students’ progress your class.
- To support and work collegiality with other members of the department.
- To support and work with the Departmental team (including administrative support staff where appropriate).
- Play a part in the broader school life through different extra-curricular activities and events; participate in the running of a successful international boarding school.
- Degree holder with major in Art and teaching qualification is a must
- Previous extensive experience of boarding preferably at all levels and in an independent school setting.
- High proficiency of English
- Able to work both independently and effectively as part of a team
- Confident and persuasive written and verbal communicator
- Excellent ICT skills
- Able to relate to pupils, parents and colleagues with empathy and sensitivity.
- Fully understand and comply with the safer recruitment policy of MCC
All applications should be submitted online via the TES online application. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: August 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Chengdu is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant background checks.
Malvern College Chengdu
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Five Distinctive Features of Malvern’s Xinjin Campus
Nurturing global citizens well versed with Chinese and Western cultures by stages
At Malvern, educating the “whole person” begins with the acquisition of skills and of knowledge. From bilingual imm...