32.5 hours per week, permanent
MPR1 to UPR3
Start date: September 2021
Inspire their remarkable with us
At Winton Community Academy, our students are diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, most of it in-house, and are proud of the high number of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
We are proud to serve the communities around Andover in the centre of Hampshire, a short commute from Winchester, Salisbury and many picturesque Hampshire villages. Ofsted judged us as a ‘Good academy’ in January 2018 and with a new, passionate Principal, Helen Jones in place, we are looking to build upon our strengths and develop into a truly outstanding place to learn and teach.
The Visual Performing Arts department are looking for a dynamic and inspirational Art teacher who wants an opportunity to make a difference. The students at Winton are positive, polite and have huge potential. The successful candidate will join an expanding team and a friendly and committed staff body. This is an excellent opportunity for any teacher who is passionate about making a difference to young people and has aspirations towards middle leadership. We have an excellent support network and CPD opportunities to nurture and grow talented teachers.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
We warmly welcome visits to the Academy. To book an appointment or for an informal discussion with the Headteacher please call 01264 325955.
Closing date: Monday 25 January 2021
To apply today, please click on the 'Quick Apply' button below.
Interviews will be arranged as and when convenient and we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
Winton Community Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Winton Community Academy is a rapidly improving 11-16 school situated in Andover in the centre of Hampshire, a short commute from Winchester, Salisbury and many pict...