We are seeking to appoint an excellent classroom practitioner who is an enthusiastic, innovative and engaging teacher of Art to join an experienced and high performing faculty.
Joseph Leckie Academy is a vibrant, exciting and innovative mixed 11-18 Converter Academy with an overall progress score of +0.46. With our excellent results and our continual desire and drive to continue moving forward, this is an exciting time for you to join our team. The Academy has remained for three years as the top non-selective secondary school for progress in Walsall and is one of the highest performing secondary schools in the region. Most of our students remain with us into the Sixth form.
We pride ourselves on our high expectations of all learners. This creates a calm learning environment where teachers can teach and students can learn. We offer a highly supportive environment and are committed to ensuring outstanding teaching, behaviour, progress and achievement.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding teacher to join our dynamic team at the forefront of change and to make a real difference to our drive to continue to raise standards of education in the Academy. If you believe that you have the skills and abilities to take on this role, we would love to hear from you.
The Academy is offering opportunities:
• to work with a friendly, supportive and dedicated staff, at all levels
• to develop further under our excellent leadership and support across the Academy providing rich opportunities for staff to progress at all levels
• to work in a high performing faculty, with excellent resources, support and the latest technology for Art.
The successful candidate must:
• have a relevant degree or related subject and hold a UK teaching qualification with QTS or equivalent
• have the ability to motivate, inspire and go the extra mile for our students
• have the ability to stimulate curiosity, interest and enjoyment in Art, the history and culture of Art and the creative world around us
• be able to inspire students and get the best from them
• be positive, enthusiastic and resilient
• be an effective team member
• have a clear understanding of transforming teaching and learning
• have highly developed inter – personal skills and excellent ICT skills
• be ambitious for further career development and enhancement
• have the ability to teach a second subject, if required, usually at Key Stage 3 and/or contribute to the delivery of our PDP programme at KS4.
• have a clear understanding of the importance of Safeguarding and equal opportunities
The suitable candidate must be able to teach Art at least at Key Stage 3 and 4. The Academy welcomes applications from NQT’s as well as from more experienced teachers.
For further details of the post, application form and job description and personal specification, please contact Mrs S Richards or via the Academy website.
Visits to the Academy are welcomed if and when we are able to do so – please email Sam Richards to make arrangements.
Joseph Leckie Academy is an equal opportunities employer and fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
Joseph Leckie Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
We aim to be a place of learning in which all our students can:
• achieve their full potential;
• develop the skills of independent enquiry;
• work co-operatively with others;
• lay the foundations for a happy, successful and healt...