Bell's Brae Primary School is a non-denominational school located in central Lerwick. It consists of a Primary, an Early Learning and Childcare Setting and an ASN department. The school catchment area is from Frakkafield encompassing the majority of Lerwick excluding Sound. There is currently a total of 345 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by Mrs Jennifer Wadley, Head Teacher and 3 Depute Head Teachers. The current staffing complement is 30 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. Further information can be found on the schools website at https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/sh/bellsbraeprimary/
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,235 per annum
- Temporary Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week
- Temporary contract until 15 August 2021
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- FTE of post: 1.0
- Sector/Subject Specialism: ASN
- Qualification requirement: Primary teaching
- Class information, age range: Primary children
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Bell's Brae Primary School, Lerwick.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Donna Murray, Depute Head Teacher, Tel - 01595 743720, Email - Donna.Murray2@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Bell's Brae Primary School
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 12 years