Our vision is to become a beacon of educational excellence, transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Teacher of BES Construction
Reference Number: SCCG2067
Salary: £23,630—£39,135 per annum.
Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: Midnight Tuesday 25th February 2020
Interview Date: Friday 6th March 2020
Location: University Centre, at FutureSkills at MediaCityUK
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 1.0 FTE
We are looking for an outstanding, inspirational and enthusiastic lecturer to join the successful Construction department based at our University Centre.
The successful applicant will be able to teach up to Level 4 in HNC BES.
It is essential for candidates to possess expertise in a variety of subjects and have an excellent understanding of the HE sector, teaching and assessment. It would be advantageous to have experience teaching on BTEC Level 3 and Level 4 Construction, specifically the Heating and Ventilation pathway. It is preferable that applicants have a related degree and a teaching qualification although we will consider candidates who can demonstrate significant Industry experience and ability to teach content and assess effectively.
We also require applicants to have:
• Relevant industry experience in the Civil sector
• A good network of industry professionals.
• Be able to undertake subjects such as “Principles of Heating Services Design and Installation”, “Principles of Ventilation and Air Conditioning Design and Installation” and Principles of Ventilation and Air Conditioning
• The ability to utilize new technologies in teaching and learning
Successful candidates must have an absolute commitment to high standards and delivering an outstanding experience and outcome for learners. You will be committed to excellence in teaching and learning with a demonstrable track record.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information, please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Reason to Join Us:
• A range of developmental & career opportunities
• A number of optional Salary Sacrifice Schemes including IT Equipment, Childcare Vouchers & Bikes
• Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and fabulous savings from high-street retailers, holidays and cinemas
• Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling via CareFirst and health cash plans
• Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.