The College is seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and hardworking teacher to join the highly successful Biology and Applied Human Biology Departments. The successful applicant will be required to teach BTEC Level 3 Human Biology and Biology A Level.
The temporary, full or part-time (57.14% - 100%) post is available from 1 September 2021 until 20 July 2022. The full-time teaching contact time at Reigate College is 22.75 hours per week.
Our ideal person will be able to demonstrate a track record of success in delivering the highest standards and achieving outstanding results. The post holder must be confident in the use of Information Technology in all aspects of their work.
The post would equally suit an experienced or newly qualified teacher.
The Department is housed in the County Building, along with other STEM subjects. The labs are fully equipped with data projectors, white boards, Wi-Fi, gas, water and fume cupboards. The Department has access to mobile learning devices to further enhance learning.
The Department teaches in a collaborative style, with all staff contributing to centralised resource packs. Students regularly progress onto university courses for Biology, Medicine, Biochemistry and Veterinary Science.
The Department has nine other members of teaching staff who work closely as a team in a friendly and co-operative manner. Strong emphasis is given to mutual support by the exchange of ideas and materials. The Department also has access to an experienced team of Technicians who provide support across all of the science subjects.
The Department offers BTEC Level 3 Human Biology and A Level Biology on the OCR A (Salters) specification. The course grades are consistently high with 68% of students achieving A*-B grades last year (90% A*-C).
The salary for this post is up to £42,957 per annum (FTE).
Full details and an application form can be downloaded from our website (www.reigate.ac.uk/job -vacancies). Applicants are asked to complete and return the application form to the Personnel Department by email to email@example.com as soon as possible, but no later than 9.00am on Monday 19 April 2021.
When completing their application, candidates are asked to indicate:
• Your teaching qualification
• Your appropriate qualification in Biology or related subject
• The min/max percentages you would be interested in teaching
• A Level results (A*-B grades, retention, value added) and/or BTEC results (Distinction* and Distinction grades, retention, value added) or for NQTs, evidence of an outstanding placement, particularly with regard to the standard of teaching and learning
• Particular strengths, experiences and interests that you would bring to this post
• Evidence of your ability to work as part of a team in a flexible and professional manner
• What you are able to bring to College life outside of your teaching commitment
Reigate College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on successful applicants including an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- with state - academy funding
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years
About the College
We are a mixed, non-selective, sixth form college situated in Reigate, Surrey and provide outstanding education to around 2,500 16-19 year old students each year. Students achieve excellent results across the 40 plus subject areas a...