Teacher of Biology
Part-time, 2 days a week, Maternity Cover (9-12 months)
Start Date: 1st September 2017
Withington Girls’ School is a leading independent day school for girls aged 7 to 18 in which some of the best academic results in the country are achieved within a lively, happy and caring environment.
A well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher is required to provide maternity cover in our Biology Department. This appointment provides an outstanding opportunity to teach highly motivated, able students in a stimulating, friendly and supportive environment up to and including Advanced Level.
We seek to appoint someone who is passionate about Biology and who can convey enthusiasm for the subject throughout the School.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• The opportunity to join our outstanding school where public examination results consistently place Withington among the top twenty schools in the UK and as the best Independent School in the North West.
• Keen, committed and very able students who are positive and active learners and, as a result, Withington is in the top dozen in the country for university placements at the most prestigious UK universities.
• A highly diverse environment where pupils come from a wide geographical area in and around Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Cheshire from many different social, cultural and religious backgrounds which is a defining feature of the school.
• Colleagues eager to share passion and enthusiasm for their subject and where the relationship between pupils and staff is a particular strength of the school.
• A warm and friendly school where teachers are given professional respect to develop their teaching approach methodologies.
• A school environment with little need for formal rules: one which follows the concept of Respect for self, Respect for others and Responsibility for personal actions.
• Excellent facilities in new and refurbished buildings, including the latest resources to support learning.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
• A capable and highly enthusiastic teacher with excellent subject knowledge and a passion for Biology.
• The ability to teach Biology to highly able pupils across KS3, GCSE level, and ‘A’ Level;
• The talent, interpersonal skills and range of teaching methods necessary to contribute to the success of the staff team.
• The willingness and ability to use a variety of teaching methods to suit pupils’ individual learning needs, selecting appropriate learning resources and embracing the use of new technology.
• A passion for teaching and learning that energises and inspires young people and allows them to develop the skills and motivation needed for their future lives.
• Ability to work flexibly in a very dynamic environment.
• Commitment to contribute to study trips and extra-curricular events in the department.
• The talent, enthusiasm and vision necessary to further develop the Biology department.
The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further details of the role and application process can be obtained from the School's website.
Closing date: Tuesday 21st March 2017, 10.00am
Telephone: 0161 224 1077 Fax: 0161 248 5377
Email: email@example.com Web: www.wgs.org
Withington Girls' School
665 girls (7-18)
HMC & GSA
Charity No: 1158226