Stratford Girls' Grammar School
(820 girls, 224 in sixth form)
Headteacher: Mrs J A Cornell
Teacher of Biology MPS
Temporary Part-time (0.4fte approx) – Maternity Cover
Stratford Girls' Grammar School is an extraordinary place to teach in, with high academic standards, a genuine community spirit and a huge level of enthusiasm shown by the girls. Our students are bright, stimulating and keen to learn, and results are outstanding at all levels, with Biology as one of our most popular departments.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic teacher able to teach Biology to A-level to join our supportive and highly successful school from September 2019. The Science department are passionate about offering a rich and diverse education from Year 7 to Year 13. Our students respond well to intelligent teaching through an exciting and innovative curriculum.
The successful applicant will be:
• a well-qualified individual with a good degree in Biology
• able to teach Year 7 to Year 11
• an excellent communicator, facilitator and team player, who is
committed to raising the attainment of all students.
• a reflective, innovative practitioner
• able to inspire high achievement and to challenge our students.
• a creative, dynamic individual with presence and a good sense of
• an ability to teach A-level Biology and/or KS3 Mathematics would be
We can offer you:
• a friendly, supportive and inclusive ethos
• students who are willing to learn
• an excellent professional development programme with a
comprehensive induction programme, including NQTs
• a great chance to make a difference to young people's lives.
• friendly, supportive, highly professional colleagues committed to the
provision of high quality education.
For further details and an application form, see “vacancies” on our website: www.sggs.org.uk or ring Jane Pearson on 01789 293759
Application deadline: Monday 18th March, 2019 (9.30am)
Interviews will be held the week commencing Monday 25th March, 2019.
This school is committed to safeguarding, equality of opportunity, and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
An enhanced DBS check will be required.