Would you like to be part of a school that has a long tradition of academic excellence, strong pastoral care and high expectations for all? If so then Harlington Upper School is the school for you. Exams result in 2019 were excellent and a superb 74% of all students gained grade 9 – 4 in both English and Maths. Then Harlington Upper School is the school for you.
This post would suit a committed and skilled teacher who wants to make a real difference and help all our students achieve the highest possible standards.
We can offer you:
• Excellent Induction with staff wellbeing as its highest priority
• The opportunity to work alongside our dedicated and hardworking PE department
• Excellent professional development and guidance.
• The opportunity to teach in a highly successful academy, which achieved the best KS4 results in Central Bedfordshire in 2018 for the 2nd year running.
• A rural location, but with excellent transport links to larger towns and cities such as Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton and London via the M1 and Thameslink train line – the train station is only a 10 - 15 minute walk away.
• Friendly and supportive working environment
• Unparalleled CPD opportunities
• Good promotion prospects and career development
• Popular school, attracting many out of catchment students
• Thriving Sixth Form with approx. 270 students
• Well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
• All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment