We are looking for a teacher of Boys PE/Games for September 2021
St Joseph's College has an excellent reputation and is a popular high performing oversubscribed 11-18 mixed Catholic school with an outstanding OFSTED rating. 1100 students (400 in 6th form) create this well-ordered, friendly and positive community in Stoke on Trent, which is located less than an hour from Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool and only 1½hrs direct from London Euston by train.
Our student body is diverse and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, and are proud of the exceptional people who work in our school.
St Joseph's College is an outstanding teaching school with a large and very successful SCITT programme and presents opportunities to develop your career both within the school and beyond.
Sport is a key element of our provision and we can offer excellent facilities in our new £3.5m Sports Centre and extensive games fields.
We are seeking to appoint a talented and dynamic teacher of Boys PE who will continue to build on the successes of this department. Any experience of teaching GCSE and A Level PE would be an advantage.
The successful applicant will be:
• A teacher with a Sports Science degree or equivalent who will continue and build on the success of our GCSE and A Level programmes of study
• Committed to inspiring and motivating our students through the highest expectations.
• A team player with excellent subject knowledge and ability to further develop our extra-curricular PE/Games programme, especially in rugby union.
• A strong communicator with leadership potential wanting the best for each student.
• A highly effective teacher, enthusiastic and positive in their approach to all aspects of school life.
The newly appointed member of staff will be an excellent teacher with a passion and flair for the subject and the teaching of it. They will be an ambitious, committed and hardworking team player who will support the school to raise the profile and ongoing commitment of the subject area, and, the academy.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Appointments will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service and references from previous employers. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
St Joseph's College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years