An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, dynamic, motivated and able Teacher of Boys PE to join our enthusiastic, forward thinking PE department.
The role will support a very successful PE department who achieve excellent results at both level 2 and level 3. Last year, 91% of our GCSE Physical Education pupils achieved a grade 5 or higher with 52% achieving a grade 7 or higher. The Progress 8 score for GCSE Physical Education was +1.25.
Pupils studying BTEC Sport (level 2) also achieved excellent results with 89% of pupils achieving a level 2 pass or higher, with 32% achieving Distinction/Distinction* grades.
Our successful Post 16 provision delivers BTEC Sport level 3 in Performance and Excellence and last year 100% of students who studied this course achieved a level 3 pass or higher with 76% achieving Distinction/Distinction*.
We are looking for an excellent practitioner to deliver outstanding lessons and curriculum, raising academic achievement and ensuring all pupils make outstanding progress.
You will be:
• Able to have a positive impact on the progress of the pupils that are directly taught by you.
• Able to inspire pupils of all abilities to have high aspirations and achieve their potential at KS3 and KS4.
• Able to generate ideas and drive initiatives.
• Able to support the subject leader by contributing to the strategic development of the department.
• Able to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Able to share your practice in a constructive and collaborative way.
• Able to implement intervention strategies so that no pupil is left behind.
You will have:
• A proven track record of success at KS3 and KS4.
• A passion for Physical Education and an ability to make the subject come to life.
• A desire to be the best you can be - to always improve and do things better.
• High expectations for all pupils.
• An ability to build positive relationships with pupils, parents, staff and governors.
• An ability to deliver consistently good and outstanding lessons.
• A commitment to Castleford Academy’s vision and values.
This post would be suitable for an outstanding NQT who is looking for an excellent starting ground within a highly supportive environment or an established teacher seeking to further develop their career.