Malvern College Chengdu is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Teacher of Business and Economics. The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the College’s vision and values.
• To teach Business Studies and Economics throughout Malvern College Chengdu (Years 7 – 13) IGCSE, AS and A level
• Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated Business Studies and Economics curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate
• To be involved with other aspects of school life associated with the subject, such as organising appropriate educational trips and visits
• To assist the HOD with developing Schemes of Work
• To assist the HOD with the department’s development plan and its implementation;
• To play a part in the broader life and running of this international boarding school
• To encourage and support the use of ICT in lessons
• To monitor your classes’ work and assessment grades and keep student achievement records
• To take intervention actions when assessment and report grades identify a cause of concern regarding a students’ progress your class
• To support and work collegiately with other members of the department
• To write reports and enter assessment grades when required
• To assist the HOD with preparation of up to date set lists when requested
• To take an interest in all students in your classes
• To support and work with the Departmental team (including administrative support staff where appropriate);
• To assist the HOD with the analysis of examination results when requested
• To seek out and share teaching resources with colleagues
• To be responsible for your classroom
• To attend parents meetings and other school events as directed by the Headmaster
• To play a full role in the active life of a full boarding school.
• To offer at least one extra-curricular activity to the students in Malvern College Chengdu.
• To be committed to the ideal of an holistic education for all.
• To assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the Headmaster or his Deputies.
• Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or a related field of study and hold qualified teacher status or an equivalent level of teaching qualification.
• Organised and committed to the role
• A relevant teaching qualification
• Experience of working in a teaching position in this subject area for at least two years
• An effective team member
• Clear and confident communication skills, able to liaise at all levels and with all members of the school community
• The ability to adjust to a new cultural environment and show sensitivity to cultural differences
• The ability to work with international staff and be passionate and ambitious about the success of Malvern College Chengdu
• Be resilient, able to work well under pressure and manage time effectively
• The ability to establish good working relationships with a wide range of people including students, parents, and colleagues
All applications should be submitted online via the TES online application. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: August 2022
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Chengdu is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant background checks.
Five Distinctive Features of Malvern’s Xinjin Campus
Nurturing global citizens well versed with Chinese and Western cultures by stages
At Malvern, educating the “whole person” begins with the acquisition of skills and of knowledge. From bilingual imm...