Teacher of Business Management
We are seeking an outstanding candidate to teach IB Business Management at St George’s on a full-time basis from September 2022. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a key academic department within the school; IB Business Management is a very pouplar subject at St George’s and our Sixth Form pupils are highly motivated and intellectually curious.
The post-holder will be an experienced teacher of Business Management who is able to teach within the IB Diploma Programme at both Higher and Standard level. The successful candidate may also have the opportunity to teach IB Economics.
Duties and Responsibilities
Teaching and Learning
- To teach Business Management at IB level (HL and SL)
- To encourage all pupils to reach their academic potential through enthusiastic and personalised teaching, tailored challenge, rigorous record keeping and follow up
- To be aware of, and comply with, all the School policies including those for marking and assessment, teaching and learning and reporting
- To develop and share schemes of work and resources, using in-house formats
- To assist with covering colleagues as required
- To attend all meetings and INSET as required
- To show an active interest in each child’s personal and domestic circumstances, and to foster the personal and social developments of each pupil in your care
- To actively promote the social, moral and cultural ethos of the school community
- To create an atmosphere of support by being aware of, and fully compliant with, all of the school’s pastoral policies
- To be familiar with all the school’s policies on Health and Safety and be proactive in ensuring the safety of all members of the school community at all times
- To promote exemplary behaviour and a responsible attitude amongst pupils
- To be aware of and act upon all policies regarding the safeguarding of children
- To promote pride in the school among the pupil body through high standards of dress behaviour and commitment
- To ensure that all communication is acted upon appropriately and in a timely manner
- To attend Parents’ Evenings, Assemblies and other school events during term time as the Principal may from time to time require
- To be responsible for all school resources, particularly those in your care, reporting damage or loss to the appropriate authority within the school
- To contribute to the virtual learning environment, the website, social media and publications in support of your work
- To contribute to the school’s Self Evaluation and Development Plan
- To foster a close partnership with parents, initiating contact in appropriate circumstances and ensuring that there is a record of this
- To carry out any reasonable professional request made by the Principal or Head of School
- To be an ambassador of St George’s at all times
- To teach and carry out other professional duties as required by the Principal, and actively support the CCA programme
- Enthusiastic and passionate about education with a sound understanding of UK best practice
- Flexible and adaptable to the varied demands of working in a world-class school environment
- Proactive in all aspects of school life
- Able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Creative and innovative across and beyond the curriculum
- Able to work successfully under pressure, with excellent organisational skills
- Reliable and respectful
- Able to demonstrate a positive and proactive attitude towards participation in professional development and the school’s induction and appraisal processes
- Able to present a professional image in line with the high expectations of St George’s
- A talented communicator, orally and in writing
- A confident and competent user of IT in the classroom and for administrative purposes
Formal Qualifications / Experience
- A good UK Honours Degree (or equivalent)
- A certified teaching qualification (i.e. Qualified Teacher Status)
- A distinguished record of teaching
- A strong record of professional development
- At least two years of teaching experience.
How to Apply
Closing date for applications 7 December 2021
Start date September 2022
Job reference number TEBMFT1121
Short listing will commence immediately after the closing date.
We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date.
Early application is strongly encouraged.
Please complete the Application for Employment form available at www.stgeorge.school.it/employment. Please submit your completed application via email to email@example.com, inserting the job reference in the title of the email.
Within the application form, please include a statement outlining your strengths and stating why you wish to be considered for the role. Please indicate your curriculum strengths and co-curricular interests. Please do not submit a CV or send certificates or testimonials at this stage.
Please note that, as well as a face-to-face or Skype interview, the selection process may include another form of assessment, such as a presentation, video lesson, administrative test or other demonstration of practical skills if relevant. Shortlisted candidates will have references taken up prior to interview.
Conditional Offer of Appointment
Any offer to a successful candidate will be conditional upon the following:
- Verification of identity, qualifications and professional status
- A safeguarding check
- Receipt of at least three satisfactory references (one of which should be from your current or most recent Head Teacher, Head Master or Principal)
- Verification of medical fitness (completion of a medical declaration)
Non-EU applicants will be required to produce their University Transcript with courses taken and final grade of their First Degree
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package that is consistent with the status that St George’s holds as a HMC school.
St George’s is an equal opportunities employer. Discrimination will not be made on the grounds of race, ethnicity, religion, age, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or other basis.