An exciting opportunity for an NQT or for a more experienced professional to teach in a Grammar environment as they start their career or for an experienced teacher to join our school and use their experience to work towards academic excellence. We are a successful grammar school for students aged 11-18 with a long standing reputation for being a supportive and caring environment in which to teach and learn. We have seen significant developments in recent years and much investment in facilities including three new science laboratories and a fully equipped gymnasium installed in 2016.
As part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust we aim to guide our students to become successful, well rounded and confident individuals with the ability to achieve their personal best. After the school’s 'Good' Ofsted judgement in November 2014, Holcombe Grammar School has continued to make rapid progress towards becoming one of the most successful grammar schools in the South-East.
The Business and Economics department have performed well at GCSE with 39% and 40% A*/A respectively and, at A level, 64% and 53% A*-B. We are now seeking a motivated and talented colleague to join the Department as we drive towards becoming a Thinking School, and bring about further improvements in student achievement.
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer.
Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you will need to succeed:
The successful candidate will be an outstanding, student-centred classroom practitioner possessing a depth of subject knowledge and able to inspire and enthuse our wonderful, intelligent students. He or she will be fully acquainted with the demands and requirements of the new KS4 and KS5 curricula. Very importantly, our new colleague will wish to become part of the team that leads Holcombe Grammar School from Good to Outstanding and will be willing to do all that it takes to get us there.
What you will get in return from Holcombe Grammar School:
- Membership of a hugely successful and growing multi-academy trust with great CPD and future promotion opportunities
- Mentoring, coaching and professional development tailored to you individually wherever you are in your career
- Support from colleagues across the Trust to promote the sharing of best practice, alongside access to outstanding teaching and learning resources and coaching
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills and train for the next step in your career
- Access to New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
- Well behaved students who demonstrate a strong desire to learn
- Unique tools and training to teach our children thinking skills to improve their progress and outcomes
- Opportunity to work in a campus of well-appointed buildings centred around the historic Holcombe Manor with easy access to M2, M20 and M25
- 24 hour advice, information and counselling service
- Childcare vouchers; enabling eligible staff to pay for childcare in a tax efficient way
- Discounted membership of a full-equipped gymnasium and fitness suite on site
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to contact Wendy Tanner to book a no-pressure tour of the school and to meet some of our staff.
We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check