Teacher of Business Studies & Economics
Closing date: noon on Monday 24th June 2019
Interview Day: W/c 1st July 2019
The Archer Academy seeks to appoint an exceptional teacher of Business Studies & Economics to join our high achieving, motivated and collaborative department.
Business and Economics are held in high regard at the Archer Academy and both subjects sit within the Social Sciences department. Enterprise education is firmly established at the school with a range of popular extra curricular opportunities. Business Studies and Economics are very popular option choices at both GCSE and BTEC. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and inspiring practitioner to make their mark.
For an experienced member of staff there may be the opportunity to secure wider leadership opportunity surrounding our employability, careers and guidance programme and we would be keen to explore this at interview.
The successful applicant will have the potential to be an outstanding classroom teacher, and will be passionate about developing inspirational teaching strategies and working to raise the standard of teaching and learning both within their own classroom and throughout the department. The post is suitable for both NQTs and more experienced teachers.
The Archer Academy seeks teachers who are:
• Outstanding practitioners who inspire students and colleagues
• Ambitious in leading and delivering a rigorous, academic and creative curriculum
• Committed to ensuring that every student realises their potential
• Flexible, collaborative and resilient
• Committed to the whole life of the school through our enrichment programme
• Focused on securing the highest ambitions for your students, the school and yourself
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be a committed team player
• Understand changes in the Science curriculum and have the vision to support and develop an outstanding department
• Have experience of developing an exciting curriculum that engages every learner
In return we will offer you:
• A unique opportunity to be a key member of staff and help build on the school’s successes to date
• A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
• An opportunity to further evolve our exciting curriculum across the key stages
• A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
• Leadership and management opportunities both now, and in the future as the school continues to mature
The Archer Academy benefits from:
• A forward thinking senior leadership team
• A committed and talented body of staff
• A supportive Trust and Governing Body
• An excellent CPD programme – including a dedicated NQT mentor and induction programme
The Archer Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance.