Interview date: Wednesday 21 April 2021
Wilmslow High School
• School age range: 11-18
• Number on roll: approx. 2,000 (including 500 sixth form)
We are looking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Business with the knowledge, skills and enthusiasm to teach students across the ability range. You will engage and inspire our students, challenging them to achieve their best. In addition, you will have the resolve and tenacity to make a real difference to student performance, particularly those who face greater challenges with learning.
We are a friendly team in Business Education and share a commitment to high quality teaching. We have high expectations and are looking to improve further.
At Wilmslow High School, GCSE Business is a very popular option choice at Key Stage 4 with many of our students continuing their study into Key Stage 5 A level Business or Economics. We have a growing portfolio of BTEC subjects available, with BTEC Enterprise at KS4 and BTEC Enterprise, BTEC Marketing and BTEC ICT at KS5. Many of our sixth formers pursue Business Studies and Economics at University or take up degree apprenticeships in business subjects.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to teach across the full range of our courses. The role offers excellent opportunities for professional development and growth.
We are interested in hearing from candidates at any point in their career, and are open to flexible working arrangements. Talented NQTs are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will believe that every child is most likely to achieve their full potential when challenged in a high-expectation learning environment.
The successful candidate will offer:
• A high degree of subject competency and enthusiasm for teaching across our range of subjects at KS4 and KS5.
• A continuing personal interest in, and commitment to Business and Enterprise Education.
• An innovative and progressive approach to curriculum development, working practice and teaching.
• The flair and ambition to motivate students of all abilities, particularly those who who face greater challenges with learning.
• Engagement with the team in developing the profile of Business Education within the school and wider community.
• An understanding of - and willingness to take responsibility for - promoting high standards of literacy, articulacy and the correct use of standard English.
Young people only get one chance at education; so at Wilmslow High School we are committed to the pursuit of excellence for every student, every day. We do this through our dedication to learning, by being guided by values and in striving to serve.
We endeavour to preserve a happy and caring environment that is rooted in our core values, and in which staff and students can flourish, whilst challenging ourselves to pursue excellence for all our students.
The school is set in extensive grounds, ideally positioned between the thriving city of Manchester and the open countryside of the Peak District.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to respect this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Wilmslow High School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years