On behalf of the Academy Committee, we are seeking an inspirational Teacher of Business Studies to join our school and Humanities Faculty at Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School within The Romero Catholic Academy. This is an exciting time to be part of a growing team as we strive for academic excellence for all students in our care.
This post is suitable for both experienced and newly qualified staff. For NQTs there may be the opportunity to start earlier. The successful applicant would teach BTEC, GCSE and A-Level Business Studies. The Business Studies Department is a busy and cohesive department who work together to achieve the best for students and we are looking for a member of staff to play an active role in raising the profile of Business Studies. This supportive environment is reflected across the school.
Cardinal Wiseman is an 11-19 comprehensive school serving the Roman Catholic community in the North East of Coventry.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a strong supporter of the school’s ethos.
- Possess sound subject knowledge.
- Have excellent teaching skills and good classroom management. We would welcome applications from well qualified NQTs.
- Have excellent ICT skills and the ability to integrate ICT into their teaching.
- The department offers a range of courses and therefore the ability to teach Economics or Law is an advantage but not essential.
We will offer:
- A friendly and supportive team in a successful department.
- Teaching a range of GCSE, AS and A2 academic and vocational courses.
- A well-structured induction programme for all new staff.
- A supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
- Quality training to those new to the career from our team of dedicated mentors
- A commitment to contuining professional development
- A positive school culture which believes in distributed and collaborative leadership
- Energetic and enthusiastic students
- A supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities.
We would be delighted to show you around our school, to arrange a visit, please contact Mrs Renata Robins on 02476 617 231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications should be sent to Nikki Stoves, HR Officer email@example.com, by 18 May 2018.
Interviews will take place Monday 21 May 2018.
Please note, we reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students. All offers of employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS checks.