Do you want to teach in a Twenty First Century learning environment with the backing of Rolls-Royce, Toyota, Bombardier, University of Derby, & Derby College?
Derby Manufacturing UTC opened on 1st September 2015 and provides a distinctive and targeted curriculum for 600 students from 14-19 who wish to study STEM subjects.
We require for August 2019 start a Teacher of Business Studies 0.6FTE.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant qualifications (both formal and through appropriate experience).
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the UTC and most importantly a difference to the lives of young people including their educational and broader achievement, self esteem and confidence, social well being and future employability.
- The ability to teach to ‘A’ level (essential).
We are offering:
- An attractive salary based upon experience and expertise.
- A first class working environment with excellent resources.
- The opportunity for professional growth and continued development within an organisation committed to continuous improvement.
How to apply
This position would suit an ambitious teacher looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work in a unique environment with fantastic facilities. Please complete and submit the online application form. Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification when making your application.
Please note strong applications will be considered on receipt.
We are an employer who values equality and diversity and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruiting procedures and successful applicants will be required to have an enhanced DBS check.
For more information, please visit www.derbymanufacturingutc.co.uk
We welcome visits and enquiries prior to application. For an informal discussion, or to book a visit contact Mrs Amanda Miller, PA to the Principal on 01332 477400. All appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and are subject to enhanced DBS.