TEACHER OF BUSINESS STUDIES
Salary: Main / Upper Pay Scale
Hours: 1 FTE
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: January 2022
Friesland School is a good school that is on the path to becoming outstanding. Every child really matters at our school and each year we celebrate excellent results and last year was no exception with some outstanding achievements. We recognise that these outcomes are only possible through the commitment, dedication and skills of our highly valued staff.
We are currently seeking to appoint an inspirational Teacher of Business Studies to join a committed and hardworking team. Within this role you will be responsible for delivering lessons that engage our students and encourage them to achieve their best. We offer excellent facilities and most of our Business Studies lessons take place in our newly fitted IT suite. As a school we offer both AQA GCSE Business and BTEC Tech Award in Enterprise at Key Stage 4, along with BTEC First Award in Travel and Tourism. For post-16 we offer AQA A level Business.
We are looking for a colleague with a real passion for their subject and who is committed to improving the outcomes of students at all key stages. The ideal candidate will be motivated, patient and caring with the student’s quality of learning and excellent progression at the centre of what they do day to day.
Why join us
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.25.
- An array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- Entry to a career average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced level DBS disclosure with a children’s barred list check, two satisfactory references and successful completion of vetting procedures. It is an offence to apply for a role if you are barred from engaging in Regulated Activity relevant to children.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates with a disability who meet the essential job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
The closing date for applications is: 24 September 2021
Interviews will be held on: week commencing 27 September 2021
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years