British International School Riyadh
(3-18, BSME, CIS, co-educational, English-medium school)
Principal: Chris Mantz M.Ed.
Do you want to be part of an exciting, innovative and rewarding learning environment with highly motivated students, excellent teachers
and supportive parents?
TEACHER OF BUSINESS STUDIES/ECONOMICS required for August 2017
The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school. We now seek to add to our team.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and dedicated Business Studies/Economics teacher who is passionate about their subject. The department is part a large Humanities faculty which also includes Geography, History and Psychology.
There are three full time teachers required for these subjects as they are both offered in KS4 and KS5. IGCSE Economics is a new subject for first teaching in 2017 therefore any experience of the subject at this level would be advantageous. Knowledge of both Macro and Micro Economics at A-level would also be desirable. All levels cover the CIE exam courses and several of our students have chosen Business/Economics courses for University study in recent years. The uptake of these courses is high in both GCSE and A-level and therefore the successful candidate needs to have a proven results record.
The successful candidate will:
- be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognised in the UK through the NARIC process;
- very competently fulfil all Teachers’ Standards as published by the Department of Education in 2012;
- put students at the heart of the education process;
- fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
- commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment program including leading extra-curricular and inter-house activities;
- be able to use ICT as an effective teaching tool;
- believe in the values of international and interculturalism in an educational context;
- contribute to cross curricular projects;
- commit to raising the profile of Business and Economics across the Key Stages;
- have a high standard of spoken and written English.
To apply, please follow the link: https://uptic.net/job/265 and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines
Closing date for all applications: Friday 6th January 2017 at 10:00 (KSA)
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people and all post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure (with a Barred List check).
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa