Inspire their Remarkable
At Kingsley Academy, we are a school on a journey. We are a comprehensive community school, located in the heart of Hounslow in West London, just beside Hounslow East tube station. Since opening in 2013, a lot has been done to develop our school but there is much still to do to achieve the success which we know our school is capable of.
Our school has been judged as Requires Improvement twice in a row and has an unwarranted reputation locally as a challenging school. However do not be deterred! Visitors to our school without exception comment on our students’ terrific attitudes and thirst for learning. An absolute strength of our school are our students. They are overwhelmingly polite, respectful, considerate and eager to learn. Low level disruption is rare and our students are committed to their learning. What they need are great teachers, who can unlock their potential.
Our new Headteacher joined the academy in February 2019, and has been clear on our vision and how we get there. Our aim is to establish Kingsley as a ‘A school at the heart of our community, developing knowledge, ambition and kindness to prepare students for success at university and the world beyond’. We are passionate about achieving social justice for our students and believe firmly that it should not be about where you come from that determines how successful you are in life.
Our ‘Kingsley DNA’ runs through the fabric of our school. These are our guiding set of principles which determine our actions and behaviours at all levels, from student, to staff to senior leaders.
- Walk the talk – We role model the high standards that we expect of others
- High expectations – We do not lower our expectations of anybody and strive to be remarkable
- No excuses – We believe firmly that all can achieve, no matter their starting point and that success is achieved through hard work
- Outstanding learning – We believe in the transformative power of education and know that excellent teaching and learning is our core purpose, put simply ‘the main business is the main business'
We are pleased to be able to offer this exciting opportunity for a creative, passionate, innovative and engaging Teacher of Business Studies to join the team. The successful candidate will be able to teach KS3, KS4 and KS5 and be committed to raising standards and achieving the best outcomes for our students.
- An excellent teacher
- A passionate Business specialist
- Leads and teaches with integrity and is solution focused
- Believes in the value and benefit of a knowledge rich curriculum
- Hard working and solution focused
- Team player and has a sense of humour
- Believes passionately in the transformative power of education to change students lives
If this sounds like you, then we encourage you to apply for this key role. In return you will benefit from a comprehensive career support programme, tailored CPD, and a supportive and highly visible SLT and Headteacher.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More opportunities, so you can forge your own path - As a large and expanding multi academy trust, there are ample opportunities for development and new experiences.
- More hands on support, so you can get on with what matters most - Expert operations support removes headaches, allowing you to focus on the children.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
This post is to commence from September 2019
Closing date: Wednesday 22 May 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.