Teacher of Chemistry
We seek to appoint an inspirational teacher of Business Studies for September 2019 for up to and including A Levels. There is a possibility of a leadership role with this post. Please see job description for full details.
Laude San Pedro International College is an extremely successful, well-established co-educational day school. Our school has excellent internal and external examination results, but we continuously strive to improve on the outcomes for all of the students in our care. Learning is at the heart of everything that we do.
The school is located just south of Marbella in the beautiful seaside town of San Pedro de Alcantara and we are part of the International Schools Partnership (ISP), with sister schools throughout Spain, Europe, South America and the Middle East. We are very fortunate to enjoy such a diverse community with 52 nationalities within our community.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated colleague: a professional commitment to the academic expectations and values of the school, and the ability to work in a team are essential.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Spain and be fluent in English.
We are known as one of the leading British International Schools in the region.
Fully accredited by NABSS, the Spanish Ministry and listed as one of the top 100 International Schools in Spain (El Mundo), we are also a member of ACADE.
Part of the International Schools Partnership with a global network of sister schools.
800+ pupils aged from 3 years to 18 years.
We are well established and were founded 14 years ago.
A history of pupils going on to study at universities around the world.
Located in a purpose built campus in the beautiful town of San Pedro de Alcantara, 10 minutes from Marbella and 50 minutes from Malaga.
Knowledge of Spanish, or willingness to learn Spanish would be an advantage.
The candidate profile
· Proactive and inspirational teacher, preferably with independent and/or international experience.
· QTS (Applications from NQTs would also be considered).
· Knowledge and experience of leading and implementing the national curriculum for England and Wales up to and including A Level.
· A native level of English.
· Experience of and willingness to actively participate in the pastoral and enriched life of the school community.
· A positive team player who is happy to contribute and lead initiatives within a successful and supportive department.
In return we offer:
· An amazing career opportunity to teach in a prestigious, internationally-minded school.
· A competitive local salary.
· A great working environment.
· Well-structured continual professional development programme.
If you want to enjoy a new career with the focus on learning and believe that you have the qualities to suit the position then please complete and send your CV and covering letter to:
Mr Catherine Davies (Head of Secondary and Sixth Form) firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 22 May 2019
To find out more about this role and what makes our school special please see the job description and the candidate information pack.
Our school is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Candidates will be asked about their knowledge of and professional training in relation to safeguarding. Successful applicants will be expected to undertake full safeguarding checks and provide 2 references covering the last five years of employment.