Headteacher: Mr Steven Hogan, BA (Hons), MA, PGCE, MCCT
No. on roll 1853 (incl. 389 in Sixth Form)
(Full-time and part-time applications welcome)
Woodbridge High School is a successful school situated in the heart of Woodford Green, North East London. It is fully comprehensive with an ethnically and socially diverse intake. The school has a strong and distinctive ethos of ‘Pride in Achievement’ and enjoys an excellent reputation within the local community. The outstanding 6th form achieves impressive results year after year. We are currently looking for a Teacher of Business Studies to join our team. The ability to teach Computing at KS3 would be an advantage. We would welcome teacher’s looking for flexible working and/or returning to the profession.
The Business department offers:
- The opportunity to be a creative practitioner of Business teaching
- A supportive and expanding department
- A Business curriculum across the Key Stages, which includes Business and Economics at A Level, Business as an Early Option for Year 9 students and Level 2 and 3 BTEC courses in the 6th Form. All courses attract large numbers of students.
- A record of driving forward innovation in learning and teaching within the school and a strong commitment to access and challenge for all.
- Its own ‘Business Centre’ facility of five ICT-suite classrooms.
- comprehensive NQT programme if required
- An inspirational Head of Department
The successful applicant will:
- Have a strong belief in comprehensive education
- Have the ability to deliver excellent student outcomes
- Be an innovative and inspirational teacher
- Be committed to their personal and professional development
- Make a positive contribution to the school’s distinctive ethos
- Have the experience of teaching a full age and ability range.
- Have the ability to teach Business Studies to A Level, and potentially Computing at KS3
Woodbridge High School offers you:
- The opportunity to work in a highly regarded school
- A welcoming and friendly staff body
- Motivated, well-behaved and friendly students
- Opportunities for rapid career development and promotion
- Access to state of the art sports and leisure facilities
- Tailored professional development and training
- A comprehensive staff wellbeing package
Woodbridge High School is committed to working with local schools and leads on many aspects of school improvement and inter-school development. We would like you to consider being part of our team at this exciting time in our development.
The school is committed to promoting and safe-guarding the welfare of children. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and overseas checks where necessary.
Further details about the school, about the post and an application form are available from the school either by phoning 020 8504 9618, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or they can be downloaded from the website www.woodbridgehigh.co.uk Please note the school can only consider completed school application forms and not CVs alone.
Closing date Wednesday, 26th February 2020 at 9.00 am
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week of the closing date. Please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion if you have not heard within that time frame.