We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented and committed teacher of business studies / economics from September 2018 on a full time/ part time, permanent basis.
The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. The school was judged to be “Outstanding in all areas” by Ofsted. Progress 8 results place us in the top 5% of schools nationally.
You will have:
- A well-qualified teacher (with Qualified Teacher Status), with a proven record of excellence in teaching business studies at KS4 and KS5 and / or economics at KS5
- The ability to motivate students and achieve excellent results
- Excellent organisational and IT skills
- The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
- A passion for excellence and for the subject
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be a form tutor
We will offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by staff, parents and governors
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in lessons and around the school
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the commitment to raising student achievement even further
If you relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated students in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, The Weald School would welcome your application, we also welcome visits to the school from interested candidates.
The closing date for applications is 10am Monday 11th December 2017.
Please note that applications will be considered as they are received by the school and you are therefore advised to submit your application as early as possible.
An application form and further details may be downloaded from the “Work at The Weald” page (Teaching Vacancies) on our website www.theweald.org.uk or requested by email from firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to equality of opportunity. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.