Higham Lane School is delighted to welcome applications for the post of Teacher of Business.
Higham Lane is a large, 11-18 comprehensive academy with Aspiring Teaching School status, set on an attractive site on the Warwickshire-Leicestershire border, easily accessible due to excellent road, rail and bus connections. Achievement in all its forms: artistic, academic, social, cultural, sporting and intellectual is equally valued in our diverse five-year, knowledge-rich curriculum. We are enormously proud to have performed in the top 15% (yes that’s top 15%!) of schools in England for student progress at GCSE in 2018 and to have achieved impressive A level results in our high-performing Sixth Form.
Why work for Higham Lane School?
- we empower teachers to teach and students to learn! Students’ behaviour is excellent.
- our SLT and Progress Leaders regularly visit lessons, support teachers and uphold our ethos.
- we are committed to reducing teacher workload by always looking to streamline our ways of working, for example, by making greater use of whole-class feedback, rather than pointlessly marking excessively.
- we value our staff as experts in their subjects.
- staff wellbeing is very important to us. We care about each other.
- we ensure a work-life balance in the way we organise our meetings and inset days and ensure emails are used sparingly.
- we support staff to look after themselves, for example through our health awareness events.
- our regular CPD is second to none and highly-regarded by our staff.
- we provide bespoke career stage training such as NPQSL, NPQML and NPQH as well as OLEVI programmes for improving and outstanding teachers.
- we are actively leading school-to-school support within our local area.
- we get on well together and celebrate our many achievements in a range of social events!
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic teachers to teach vocational and GCSE Business at Key Stage 4. The ability to teach Business and/or Economics to Key Stage 5 level would also be desirable, but is not essential and would not prevent suitable candidates from being shortlisted, if they meet the person specification.
Please complete the application form that you will find on the School’s website (www.highamlaneschool.co.uk) and email it to email@example.com, indicating in the message title the post you are applying for.
If you would like to have a chat about this post or arrange an informal visit to our school to see for yourself the excellent opportunities available, please contact Sharon McKernan, Subject Leader for Business on 024 7638 8123.
The closing date for applications is midday, Monday 20th May 2019.
If you encounter a problem in meeting this deadline, please do contact the School.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and will also be taken through the School's vetting procedure.
Higham Lane School is also strongly committed to protecting personal data. Our Privacy Notice, which can be found under the GDPR section on the School website, describes why and how we collect and use personal data and provides information about individuals’ rights.