The department is looking for a suitably qualified and dynamic teacher to join a very successful faculty to teach Business Studies & Economics to IB & A Level, and ideally Level 2 and 3 BTEC Business.
The successful candidate will have had previous experience teaching at secondary school level, ideally in the British system internationally and/or in the UK. We expect applicants to have a suitable degree and teaching qualification.
The Economics and Business Studies Department is part of the Faculty of Human Social Political Sciences which also embraces History, Geography, Politics, Sociology and Psychology. It is a dynamic and enthusiastic team. Staff have a wide range of specialist interests and areas of expertise, sharing the same vision for student achievement and committed to maintaining the highest of standards and expectations for their students inside and outside the classroom. Many students go on to related courses at university level at a range of institutions worldwide. The department currently offers the following courses:
- GCE A Level Business (Linear) – Edexcel
- GCE A Level Economics A (Linear) – Edexcel IB Higher Level Economics
- IB Standard Level Economics
- IB Higher Level Business
- IB Standard Level Business Management
- BTEC National Business Level 3 - Edexcel
- BTEC First Business Level 2 - Edexcel
The Economics and Business Studies Department currently has four teachers and is housed on its own dedicated floor – ‘The Business Suite’. The Business Suite has four classrooms, one of which is a computer suite. All classrooms are networked and have smart boards.
- Set the highest standards in terms of learning and teaching, getting the very best from students from all backgrounds and all abilities;
- Work closely with department colleagues in creating a sense of cohesion and collaborative spirit within the department and will co-operate with colleagues in other departments and the Primary School;
- Be appreciative of students’ differing cultural and linguistic backgrounds;
- Be actively involved in professional learning within the department and faculty and across the school where opportunities arise, including after-school meetings, relevant courses and CPD days;
- Have good IT skills professionally and pedagogically;
- Be attuned to current developments in teaching;
- Be willing to help develop schemes of work and teaching resources and contribute to updating the VLE;
- Be willing and able to contribute wholeheartedly to the social and personal development of students, and to the extra-curricular life of the school;
- Contribute to the Enrichment programme for students;
- Be willing to take an active part in school trips, both residential and day visits;
- Be willing and able to act as a form tutor.
- Full-time (37.5 hours per week) contract
- An interesting position in a thriving faculty in an international environment
- Excellent professional learning opportunities
- An attractive salary salary (BSB Learning & Teaching staff – Band 4 representing a minimum of € 48.129 and a maximum of € 87.355 gross per year, depending on the years of relevant experience) and extra-legal benefits including an hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers and free use of the BSB sport facilities.
Please apply by using our application form by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
CVs and letters sent in separately will not be considered.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 21 February, at 17.00 Belgian time. Interviews will be held at the school towards the end of February and this process will include a sample lesson and opportunities to meet potential colleagues.
"The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people"