Teacher of Chemistry
Full time and permanent
Start date January 2018
As one of the highest performing colleges in the North West of England, Bolton Sixth Form College is innovative and forward thinking and has a key focus on teaching, learning and assessment. Placing the student at the centre of all its provision, all learners are actively encouraged to achieve their full potential both academically and personally.
If this is the sort of environment you thrive in and you have the skills and motivation to guide and support students to both fulfil and possibly exceed their personal goals’ then we would like to hear from you for the post of Teacher of Chemistry.
The Science Department offers a variety of study options including A Levels in Biology, Chemistry and Physics as well as an Applied Science programme of vocational study. To support and encourage students to study science, there is a pre-professional science programme for those students looking for entry to a medical related degree and the department also organises a wide variety of enrichment opportunities to support the curriculum delivery – all of which have excellent student participation.
We are looking for an individual who:
· Has the ability to engage students and inspire an enthusiasm for science through excellent subject knowledge
· Has the understanding and experience of implementing successful intervention programmes
· Has a knowledge and an understanding of current teaching and learning strategies in science
· Has a desire to share good practice and make a real contribution to the development of the department and the progress of our students
We can offer you:
· A modern friendly working environment with excellent facilities
· Salary ranging from £22,934 - £38,364 (Sixth Form College Association Teaching Pay Scale)
· Structured CPD with opportunities for regular inset workshops and cross college sharing of resources and techniques
· NQT first year guidance with timetable remission and senior management led support
If you require any further information regarding this post, please contact: The Personnel Department, Bolton Sixth Form College, Deane Road, Bolton BL3 5BU.
The closing date for applications: Sunday 1st October @ midnight
Interviews to be held: week commencing Monday 9th October 2017
All appointments at the College are subject to the receipt of satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service