The Chalfonts Independent Grammar School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, authorised to offer the IB Middle Years Programme (IGCSE equivalent) and IB Diploma Programme (A Level equivalent).
We are focused on facilitating a meaningful education which is based on high achievement and inquiry based learning. The school consists of small classes, (maximum 14); our IB programmes provide each student with opportunities to explore, inquire and develop confidence, as well as equipping them with the skills, knowledge, and understanding necessary for the 21st century.
We are seeking a Chemistry/Science Teacher; part or full time 0.4-0.6 depending on qualifications, experience and subjects offered.
• To be a qualified Chemistry/Science Teacher, with an appropriate teaching qualification and a passion for your subject.
• You will ideally have experience (or be capable of) teaching to up to A Level and/or IBDP in your subject.
• To set high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
• To use positive classroom management of behaviour to allow pupils to feel safe and secure and promote their self-esteem.
• To be a role-model to pupils through your personal presentation and professional conduct.
• NB: Experience of teaching the IB MYP or DP would be desirable, although it is not essential as IB training will be offered by the school.
• A willingness to play a full role in the extra-curricular life of the school.
For further information about The Chalfonts Independent Grammar School, please see our website: www.thechalfontsgrammar.co.uk.
Early application is strongly encouraged and we reserve the right to appoint before the deadline should the right applicant be found.
The Chalfonts Independent Grammar School is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect staff to share this commitment.