Teacher of Chemistry – including A level
“ No child left behind” is the core ethos of our school. With all the benefits that being a growing school can bring but with all the advantages of being within a larger trust, Corby Technical School invites you to join our team that is dedicated to providing the very best outcomes for all our students.
Rated as outstanding (Ofsted - 2014), our school is growing rapidly along with our exciting new sixth form – it’s the most exciting time to join us and be part of developing the future of our institution. We are looking for an Easter (or earlier) appointment. You will be given all the freedom you need to be creative and you will be working with students who have chosen to be at a successful school. We can offer you the next step in your career and give the opportunity to be both developed and challenged, whether you are an NQT or a more experienced practitioner. The successful candidate will be working as part of a supportive and enthusiastic team.
Be a Chemistry specialist
Be able to inspire, challenge and motivate young people
Be committed to achieving outstanding student outcome
Be ambitious and have aspirations to develop their career
Be able to follow the established ethos and culture of our school
Additional benefits to working at Corby Technical School:
· A fixed 8 week term structure allows for five standardised terms meaning that learning can be structured and delivered with consistency. Holidays also fall outside ‘normal’ term structures allowing for inexpensive travel opportunities.
· As part of the Brooke Weston Trust opportunities for staff development and career progression go beyond the school walls; fostering talent is a key aspect of our culture.
· All staff receive free meals (breakfast and lunch) and are able to participate in a Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme. A reduced price membership to the local gym is also available.
For an informal discussion relating to this post or to arrange a visit prior to application, applicants are invited to contact Sarah Smith on 01536 213100 or firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position we would be delighted to hear from you. Full details and an application form are available at: www.corbytechnicalschool.org.
How to apply
Having read the advertisement, examined the job description and person specification, if you are inspired and motivated to apply for a position at Corby Technical School these are your next steps:
· Please complete all sections of the application form. Please note that a CV will not be accepted without a completed application form.
· Write a letter of application on no more than two sides of A4 (11 point text). Your letter of application should outline your previous experience and how this makes you a suitable candidate for the position for which you are applying.
Please submit your application form either by e-mail or by post to:
Mrs Sarah Smith
Corby Technical School
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.
Closing date for applications: Friday 26th January 2018