The College is seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and hardworking teacher to join the highly successful Chemistry and Applied Science Departments on a maternity cover basis. The successful applicant will be required to teach Chemistry A Level. However, the ability to offer BTEC Level 3 Human Biology would be an advantage.
The part or full-time, maternity cover post is available from 1 September 2019. The College will guarantee teacher employment until 3 July 2020.
Our ideal person will be able to demonstrate a track record of success in delivering the highest standards and achieving outstanding results. The post holder must be confident in the use of Information Technology in all aspects of their work.
The post would equally suit an experienced or newly qualified teacher.
The Department is housed in the County Building, along with other STEM subjects. The recently refurbished labs are fully equipped with data projectors, white boards, Wi-Fi, gas, water and fume cupboards. The Department has access to mobile learning devices to further enhance learning.
The Department teaches in a collaborative style, with all staff contributing to centralised resource packs. Students regularly progress onto university courses for Chemistry, Medicine, Biochemistry and Veterinary Science.
The Department has nine other members of teaching staff who work closely as a team in a friendly and co-operative manner. Strong emphasis is given to mutual support by the exchange of ideas and materials. The Department also has access to an experienced team of Technicians who provide support across all of the science subjects.
The Department offers A Level Chemistry on the OCR B (Salters) specification and BTEC Level 3 Human Biology. The course grades are consistently high with 67% of students achieving A*-B grades last year (100% pass rate).
The full-time salary for this post is up to £40,092 per annum (FTE).
Applicants are asked to complete and return the enclosed application form to the Personnel Department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, but no later than 9.00am on Monday 20 May 2019.
When completing their application, candidates are asked to indicate:
• Your teaching qualification
• Your appropriate qualification in Chemistry or related subject
• Whether you are applying for a full or part-time post (including min/max percentages for part-time)
• Whether you are able to offer BTEC Level 3 Human Biology
• A Level results (A*-B grades, retention, value added) or for NQTs, evidence of an outstanding placement, particularly with regard to the standard of teaching and learning
• Particular strengths, experiences and interests that you would bring to this post
• Evidence of your ability to work as part of a team in a flexible and professional manner
• What you are able to bring to College life outside of your teaching commitment
Reigate College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on successful applicants including an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.