Teacher of Chemistry (full-time/part-time)
• Inner London Pay Scale
• ATA Allowance £2500
• 2% Attendance Bonus
• Onsite fitness and cardio suite
This is an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified, enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher of Chemistry to join our large, vibrant and forward looking Science team from September 2022. The successful candidate will be able to deliver Chemistry at Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5. Chemistry is offered in both the A-Level and International Baccalaureate programmes of study, which makes for a rewarding post-16 teaching experience. An interest in, and understanding of, curriculum design and cognitive science, a commitment to continuing professional development and a commitment to the Academy’s extra-curricular programme are necessary for this role.
Ashcroft Technology Academy:
• is graded an outstanding school (Ofsted 2021) with high standards of behaviour
• is a highly successful and heavily over-subscribed school in Putney, south west London
• provides excellent quality and well-resourced facilities
• has a progress 8 score of +0.74 (2019), which ranks the Academy in the top 10% of schools nationally
• has the highest performing Sixth Form in the Borough of Wandsworth for the past 9 years
• offers both A-Levels and the International Baccalaureate in the sixth form
• offers excellent opportunities for career development and professional learning, with a comprehensive ECT programme
• is close to the A3, to East Putney tube station and Putney main line for easy commuting
• has on-site parking for cars and bicycles
If you would like to be a part of this team, further details and an application form are available from our website www.ashcroftacademy.org.uk or telephone us on 020 8812 3553.
You must complete the application form electronically and email it as soon as you are ready, but no later than noon on Monday 13 December, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date where we find suitable applications and so we advise that applications should be submitted as soon as possible as we may choose to interview shortly after receipt.
The Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and professional values.
All appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance. ATA safeguards children and actively promotes their welfare. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. ATA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from minority groups. The school also has full disabled access.
A quote from our recent Ofsted inspection (September 2021) when the Academy was graded to be "OUTSTANDING":
“Leaders make sure that all pupils receive an excellent education, both in and outside of the classroom. Pupils know that staff want them to e...