Sandringham School is a high performing and extremely popular Outstanding School situated in the picturesque city of St Albans, conveniently located just 20 minutes by train from St Pancras. We are looking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious teacher of chemistry to join our wonderful Science Faculty. The faculty is very well resourced and recently added six new laboratories to its environment. Science is extremely popular with large numbers studying at A-Level and many students furthering their studies in STEM subjects at University. We are seeking to recruit someone who is inspiring, dynamic and has a passion for chemistry. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who wants to join a high performing school and gain significant experience to further enhance their career.
- We are a lead school in the World Class Schools network.
- Over £10 million has been invested in developing the learning environment in the past five years to provide a state-of-the-art learning campus.
- All students bring their own tablet device to school so that teachers can be even more flexible in their delivery of lessons.
- Behaviour is exemplary and visitors always comment on the outstanding learning ethos across the school.
- STEM activities form a key strand of our curriculum offer to all students
- The school runs a Teaching School Alliance, is a Research School, is an Awarding Body for Initial Teacher Training, holds International status and embraces excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
- Staff who work at the school receive outstanding training and gain significant career experience.
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule, a cycle to work scheme and access to a wide variety of school trips.
Sandringham is a member of the Alban Academies Trust, together with Verulam School, Ridgeway Academy, Garden Fields JMI School, Wheatfields Junior and Wheatfields Infants’ and Nursery schools. We work in a multi-academy trust to share best practice, deliver joint training, promote the highest of expectations and raise achievement for all students. Our motto is ‘Educational Excellence for Everyone’. The trust offers significant opportunities for career development of staff at all levels within our organisation. There is the potential to discuss other opportunities for those suitably qualified. If you have a passion for teaching chemistry, we would love to hear from you for this full or part time position.
Application deadline: 9am on Monday 27th September 2021
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate. Full details are available from our website www.sandringham.herts.sch.uk or www.teachinherts.com Applications should be sent to: Kate Ward, HR Manager, Sandringham School, The Ridgeway, St Albans, AL4 9NX, Tel 01727 799560. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandringham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. We are strongly committed to promoting equality of opportunity and the elimination of unlawful discrimination. Please note that this post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years