Bishop Vesey’s Grammar School
Lichfield Road, Sutton Coldfield, B74 2NH
Teacher of Chemistry – temporary maternity cover
September 2021 to August 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join one of Britain’s top state schools and experience teaching in our expanding Grammar School. Judged OUTSTANDING in all aspects by OFSTED, we are seeking a dynamic and inspirational teacher who has the ability to engage, enthuse and motivate able pupils. You will be passionate about learning and able to demonstrate a range of behaviour management strategies and teaching skills. You will possess excellent communication skills to teach throughout the age range including A’ level. This post is available for one year to cover maternity leave. We encourage applications from NQT’s or experienced teachers to join a department which:
• Deliver some outstanding outcomes for young people and is hungry for further success. Exam results for 2020 are 70% A*-B (A level) and 72% 9-7 (GCSE)
• Has a friendly, supportive, talented hard-working teaching team
• Has a strong commitment to the extra-curricular life of the school
In return we can offer:
• The opportunity to work with highly motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic students
• Commitment to continuing professional career development and support
• The opportunity to work in a caring and nurturing environment and to get involved in a broad spectrum of extra-curricular activities
If you are interested in working at the leading edge of education, believe that everyone can succeed and are prepared to work hard, we want to hear from you. For further details and an application pack please visit our website: www.bvgs.co.uk
Informal enquiries are welcome, please contact Michele Wallis, HR Manager at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Monday 26th April 2021 at 10.00 am.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 5th May 2021.
Bishop Vesey’s Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check together with Identity, Right to Work, Prohibition Order, pre-placement medical and verification of qualification checks
Bishop Vesey's Grammar School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 16 years
WELCOME MESSAGE FROM THE HEADTEACHER
Thank you for your interest in Bishop Vesey's Grammar School. We trust that you will find our school to be a lively and dynamic institution, which leads all who live and work here to a new vision of their potent...