AN OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN OUR TEAM AT
THE SUNDAY TIMES SIXTH FORM COLLEGE OF THE YEAR 2015/16
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is seeking to recruit an inspirational Chemistry Teacher to teach Chemistry at A level. LAE is an ambitious, academically selective sixth form in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (now zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London.
In 2016 LAE secured outstanding A level results. 86% of A level grades were A*, A or B and half of all grades were A* or A. The school is heavily oversubscribed with more than 2500 applications each year.
We seek a teacher committed to high academic standards but also one who can communicate to young people an enthusiasm for your subject. A teaching qualification is not required for this post, but a passion for chemistry and for teaching young people is a necessity.
What LAE can offer you:
- the opportunity to teach your subject to the highest standard to many of the most able and inquisitive young people in east London;
- a regular high-quality continuous professional development and support;
- a modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station;
- collaborative working with our partner schools such as Brighton College, Highgate School and Eton College;
- an NQT induction programme where new teachers are "guided skilfully to develop their practice as part of a cohesive and collegiate team", (Newham Partnership Working, November 2015).
How to apply?
Please submit a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 together with a
CV and the LAE application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org by:
Application deadline: Friday 9 December, 9 a.m.
The full job description and our application form is available to view and download from the Job Vacancies page on our website: www.lae.ac.uk.
For more information, please contact James Kane, Assistant Head on 020 3301 1480 or email: email@example.com.
The London Academy of Excellence is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to this post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.